Summary: All receipts, bills, and statements that are uploaded and/or auto-fetched into Hubdoc go through our data extraction process, which extracts key data from your financial documents. While this tool within Hubdoc is meant to automate the data entry process, you may decide that manual entry is better suited for your workflow.
Some scenarios in which data extraction may not be needed:
- A high volume of documents are being uploaded into Hubdoc daily (300+).
- Manually uploaded documents enter Hubdoc at month-end, and bank reconciliations are due the same day.
If any of the above apply to you and your business, you can opt to turn off data extraction using the following steps:
1. Select the Gear Icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Hubdoc Dashboard.
2. Select the Organization tab.
3. Scroll down to the Data Extraction section.
4. Uncheck the Extract data from uploaded documents checkbox.
5. Click the Save changes button.
This setting can be turned back on at a later date, but will only work on a going-forward basis. Thus, documents that were uploaded when Data Extraction was disabled will not go through our data extraction process and key data will need to be manually entered before the document is ready for publishing.
Please note that documents that are uploaded when Data Extraction is turned off, will appear in the 'Review' tab and will not appear when using Hubdoc's search functionality until data is manually entered.