Client Pre-Set Up Checklist
Summary: Determine the optimal set-up for your client’s Hubdoc organization
- Who's paying for the organization?
- Who's managing the organization?
- What automated connections will my client need?
Who's paying for the organization?
Many accountants and bookkeepers choose to pay for their clients' Hubdoc organization on their behalf.
The benefits of paying for your clients' organizations:
- One monthly invoice and one monthly fee from Hubdoc - no need to keep track of multiple client subscription dates. No need for your client to receive multiple invoices for your services
- Administrative control. As the payor of the client’s Hubdoc organization, you hold the highest level of authority on the account
How to: Add a New Client On Hubdoc
Some clients prefer to pay for their own Hubdoc organizations. If this is the case, the client should first create their Hubdoc organization separate from your practice on the Hubdoc signup page. Once the organization is created, the client can then add you as a user to the organization.
How to: Pay For Your Own Hubdoc Organization
How to: Invite a User
Who's managing the organization?
The Practice - Fully managed
Fully managed client organizations are good for situations where:
- The practice has access to client bank and/or online supplier accounts
- The client does not want to receive any email notifications (such as when a bill is due or when the credentials for an automated connection needs to be updated)
- The client will only be uploading receipts with the mobile app or by email
- The client does not need to know they have a Hubdoc organization
If you'd like to create a fully managed client organization, you should create the organization with an email address you have access to. Once you have created their account, you can invite the client as a user if necessary.
How to: Create a Gmail Alias | Create an Outlook Alias
The Client - Self-managed
Self-managed organizations are good for situations where:
- The client does not want to share their banking credentials; and/or
- The client would like to receive email notifications
In this scenario, simply use your client's preferred email address to create the Hubdoc organization.