After reading the Client Pre-Set Up Checklist and determining the desired setup for your client's organization, you're now ready to create the organization.
Note: When adding a new client to Hubdoc, you can choose to invite them immediately upon creating their organization, or choose to invite them later. Inviting the client later is a great option if you wish to spend some time setting up their organization before you want them to start using Hubdoc.
To add a new client to Hubdoc:
1. Log in to your Hubdoc partner organization.
2. Navigate to the Organizations page.
3. Hit the Add a Client Account button. If you are adding a client for the first time, you will be asked to first input your billing information. Once your credit card details have been saved, you will not need to enter it again.
4. Enter your client’s email address and details
To invite a client immediately (default setting):
5. Keep the following option selected: Send invite to client, then click Okay. The client will immediately receive an email prompting them to join Hubdoc.
To invite a client later:
- Unselect the Send invite to client box, then click Okay. No email will be sent to your client and you can continue to set up their account.
- When you’re ready to invite the client, log in to your Hubdoc partner organization. On your Organizations page, then select the client organization to which you’d like to send an invite.
- In your client’s Hubdoc dashboard, click the gear icon.
- Select the Organization tab.
- 10. Click Send invite beside the client’s name (located at the top of the Organization tab). Your client will receive an email prompting them to join Hubdoc. Note that you can resend this invitation at any time by following these steps.
If your client has an existing Hubdoc account associated with their email, they can add you as an 'Accountant/Bookkeeper' to give you access.