To transfer the payment of a Hubdoc account from an accountant/bookkeeper to a client or anyone else, follow these instructions:
Remove the client from the 'Billing and Information' page.
- Log in to Hubdoc and select your firm's account from the list of Organizations
- Click 'Upgrade and Pricing' and select the client from a list of accounts.
- Click 'Downgrade' next to the client's name and then confirm.
Once the Hubdoc account has been downgraded by the accountant, the client can start paying for their own account. To pay for an account:
- Click the 'Upgrades and Pricing' tab.
- Add the billing and credit card information and click 'Save'.
To immediately revoke accountant access to the account before the accountant downgrades the account:
- Click the 'Accounts' button in the top right of the screen.
- Click the 'Profile' tab.
- Scroll down to the collaborator section and click 'Delete' next to the accountant's email.
When an account is downgraded, access is removed from the user who was previously paying. To grant access back to your accountant after adding payment, you can add them as a collaborator. Steps on this process can be found here.