How does auto-file work?
With Hubdoc, document management just happens. When a document is fetched or uploaded to Hubdoc, it gets auto-filed into an automatically created, neatly organized folder.
How are folders automatically created, and documents auto-filed?
When Hubdoc extracts the key data from a new document, with a new supplier, it will automatically create a folder and auto-file the document within it. The extracted supplier name is used to name the folder. If there are multiple accounts associated with the supplier (a bank with a saving and chequing account for example) Hubdoc will automatically create sub-folders within the primary folder. The next time a document is auto-fetched or uploaded to Hubdoc, and it recognizes the supplier name, it will auto-file the document within the appropriate folder.
Can I merge duplicate folders/suppliers?
Yes! Hubdoc allows you to quickly and easily merge up to 10 folders/suppliers.
- Log in to your Hubdoc account.
- Click Accounts at the top right of your screen – a new window will appear.
- Select Suppliers in the Manage Accounts tab
- Select the suppliers you want to merge.
- Click Merge.
- A new window will appear asking you to select the primary supplier.
- Once you select the primary supplier, and click Merge Suppliers, the files within the secondary folder/supplier will move to the primary folder/supplier, and the secondary folder/supplier will be deleted.
Note: It is important to note that once you merge suppliers, merged documents will take on the primary supplier name. Merging cannot be undone.
Bonus: Hubdoc learns as you merge suppliers! If you upload a document and the extracted supplier name is the same as a previously merged supplier, it will automatically change the supplier name to the primary supplier, and auto-file the document within the appropriate folder.
You do not need to re-configure publishing settings after you merge suppliers. New documents will take on the configurations of the primary supplier.
What happens if I’ve already organized documents within custom folders? Will merging suppliers move those documents?
No! Documents in custom folders do not move, even in the event of a merge.
Can I delete duplicate or inaccurate folders/suppliers?
Yes! Hubdoc allows you to quickly and easily delete up to 50 folders/suppliers.
- Log in to your Hubdoc account
- Click Accounts at the top right of your screen – a new window will appear
- Select Suppliers in the ‘Manage Accounts’ tab
- Pick the suppliers you want to delete (it is important to note that the folder must be empty to delete the supplier. If the folder is empty, but Hubdoc is preventing you from deleting the supplier, try emptying the trash)
- A new window will appear asking to confirm the delete action
Note: It is important to note that deleting suppliers cannot be undone.