When a bill, receipt, or invoice is uploaded into Hubdoc, we will now extract the GST/VAT tax data in addition to the supplier name, date, and total amount!
This feature is available to customers in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom (Canada coming soon).
To enable this feature, your Hubdoc account will need to be connected to a Xero or QuickBooks Online destination with 'Publish tax data' selected.
Please use the following steps to enable GST/VAT tax extraction on your Hubdoc account:
- Toggle into the appropriate Hubdoc account and select ‘Accounts’ at the top right of your screen
- Select the ‘Destination Tab’ in the ‘Accounts’ pop up and ensure that the ‘Default Tax Rate’ and ‘Default Tax Exempt Rate’ are correct
- Once you’ve confirmed that you’re connected to Xero or QuickBooks Online and the appropriate tax rates have been selected click on the ‘Profile’ tab
- Scroll down to the ‘Data Extraction’ section
- Enable tax extraction by selecting the checkbox to ‘Auto-extract tax amount from uploaded documents’ (this checkbox will only be available if your Hubdoc account is connected to Xero or QuickBooks Online)
- Click ‘Save Changes’
Please note that if Hubdoc can not automatically extract GST/VAT from a document it will revert back to the supplier's default tax rate.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com