With ScanSnap Home installed and your ScanSnap is connected, you are ready to connect to your Hubdoc account. New to ScanSnap Home is ‘Scanning Profiles’. Scanning Profiles are a selection of pre-set actions you can apply when scanning documents. This includes automatically sending documents to cloud storage platforms like Hubdoc!
1. With ScanSnap Home open, select ‘Scan Settings’ from the application menu
2. Select the ‘Add Profiles’ button in the top right corner
3. On the left column, under Cloud services, select ‘Upload Files to a Cloud’
4. Select ‘Selecting…’ under the Save Destination section
5. Select Hubdoc from the list of cloud storage services
6. Sign in to the Hubdoc account you are looking to connect to. [If you are looking to connect to a client’s Hubdoc account, see below]
7. Select ‘Authorize’
8. Set a nickname for this scanner (this will appear inside Hubdoc)
9. Select ‘Allow’ to give Hubdoc access to ScanSnap Home
10. [OPTIONAL] Rename the ScanSnap Scanning Profile to indicate the Hubdoc account connected.
11. Select ‘Add’ to save this profile to your ScanSnap Home
You have now created a ScanSnap Scanning Profile linked to your Hubdoc account. When scanning with this profile selected, your documents will automatically be uploaded into your Hubdoc account.
Connect to Multiple Hubdoc Accounts / Connect to a Client's Hubdoc Account
In Hubdoc, a user’s login credentials can access multiple Hubdoc accounts. However, through ScanSnap, those Hubdoc credentials can only connect to the primary account they are associated with. If you are an accountant or bookkeeper, you will need your client’s Hubdoc login credentials to connect your ScanSnap to their account.
If you are unable to use your client’s Hubdoc login credentials, please see here - ScanSnap Home - Email to Hubdoc
- With ScanSnap Home open, select ‘Scan Settings’ from the application menu
- Select the ‘Add Profiles’ button in the top right corner
- On the left column, under Cloud services, select ‘Upload Files to a Cloud’
- Select ‘Selecting…’ under the Save Destination section
- Select Hubdoc from the list of cloud storage services
- At this step, enter in the credentials of the specific Hubdoc account you are looking to connect to. If connecting to a client’s Hubdoc account, enter the client’s Hubdoc login credentials
- Complete the login process
- Rename this ScanSnap Scanning Profile to designate which Hubdoc account you connected to
- Select ‘Add’ to create the Scanning Profile
- Repeat steps 2-9 for any other Hubdoc accounts.
You have now successfully created ScanSnap Scanning Profiles for multiple Hubdoc accounts. By toggling between profiles, you can now select which Hubdoc account you would like to upload documents to.