Summary: Learn how to create and set up a client account on their behalf.
- Create a client account using a placeholder name and email address
- Set up the client account
- Invite your client to the account once it has been set up
Sometimes your firm will want to create and set up a client’s Hubdoc account before giving them access. Setting up profile information and connecting to key integrations makes for a seamless onboarding experience for your clients.
Add a client account
Start by adding the client to your firm’s Hubdoc account using a placeholder name and email. This will allow you to create the account without notifying your client, whom you can invite to the account later.
- Log in to Hubdoc.
- From the Organizations page, select Add a Client Account.
- Enter your client’s company name in both the Company Name and First Name fields.
- Enter a placeholder Email to associate with this account.
Set up the client account
Once you’ve created the account, get the account ready before you invite your client. Complete the set up tasks below:
- Connect to Xero or Quickbooks Online
- Enable Hubdoc to keep track of sales tax (if applicable)
- Review and update your profile settings
- Enable GST Tax extraction
Invite your client to access the account
When the setup process is complete, you can invite your client and their staff to access the Hubdoc account. Once added, they will have full access to view and work with all documents and integrations associated with their account.
- Toggle into the client’s Hubdoc account.
- Click Accounts in the top right corner.
- Select the Profile tab.
- Under Invite users to access your Hubdoc account, enter your client's email address.
An email will be sent inviting them to create a Hubdoc account. Once they have completed the process, the client will now have access to the account. You can invite additional users (e.g., your client’s staff members) by repeating this process.
Please note: Sometimes this email can end up in the spam folder – please remind your clients to check here!
Get your client started
Now the account is set up and you’ve invited the client to access it, we recommend they begin uploading documents and set up automated connections to their online suppliers and banks.
- Upload a document via mobile device, email, desktop, or scanner
- Add automated connections to fetch documents automatically