- Configure a supplier’s document fields to determine how their documents will be published to your cloud accounting platform or other third party software.
- View the saved integration configurations of a document you’ve already published.
About supplier configurations
To publish a supplier’s document to your cloud accounting platform or another third party software, you need to configure their document fields. Configurations are rules and settings you apply that determine how the document will be published.
There are two different types of configurations:
- Basic configurations – you can save basic configurations when you set up or customise a supplier in Hubdoc.
- Integration configurations – you can save integration configurations when you set up or customise a supplier, or publish a document to your cloud accounting platform.
If you configure a document’s fields while publishing it, you have the option to save the configuration to apply to all future documents for the same supplier. If you configure the fields on the supplier level, they will automatically be applied to all their future documents.
You can configure the following data when you set up or customise a supplier in Hubdoc.
|Document Location||You might want to change the location where documents are saved in Hubdoc when they’re added. For example, multiple staff members have cell phone accounts with the same supplier, so it’s easier to split accounts by name rather than account number.|
|Duplicate Detection||To turn off duplicate detection for a particular supplier.|
|Supplier Due Date||The date you select will become the due date of all future documents for this supplier.|
|Autopay||Select the Autopay checkbox if the documents relate to bills that are automatically paid via a pre-authorised payment. Selecting this checkbox won't trigger an automatic payment from your bank account.|
|Email Alerts||You can customise email alerts to let you know there’s a new document in Hubdoc, or that a bill is due in five days.|
You can configure document data when you set up or customise a supplier, or publish a document to your cloud accounting platform.
The document fields available to configure depend on the document type and whether you’re publishing it to QuickBooks Online or Xero.
To view the saved integration configurations of a document you’ve already published:
- Find and open the document you want to publish.
- To the right of the document, click Edit Document to open the data toolbar.
- Under Destinations, select your cloud accounting platform or your other third party software.
- To apply these settings to all future documents for the supplier, select the Save configuration checkbox.
Add a supplier account before you upload a document for them.