This article is for organisations in Canada and the United States.
- Convert a PDF bank statement to a CSV file of transactions which you can import to QuickBooks Online (QBO) or Xero.
- Submit a request to add your bank to the statement extraction feature.
What you need to know
How it works
You can use Hubdoc to extract the transactions from your scanned or bank downloaded PDF bank statement and convert the data to a CSV file. You can then import the CSV file to QBO or Xero to reconcile your transactions.
Hubdoc can extract data from debit or credit statements:
- Debit statements – Hubdoc will extract the date, description and amount for each transaction.
- Credit statements – Hubdoc will extract the posted date, transaction date, description and transaction amount.
To upload and export your bank statement data, your file must:
- Be a PDF with a maximum height and width of 40 inches, or 2880 points
- Be 35MB or less
- Have a minimum resolution of 200 DPI
- Only contain one statement
- Be written in English
- Be a debit or credit statement
Hubdoc can extract data from selected statement types from the following banks:
|Atlantic Capital||Bank of America||Bank of the West|
|Bank Ozk||BMO||Chase Bank|
|CIBC||Comerica Bank||Fifth Third Bank|
|First Republic Bank||Investors Bank||Paypal|
|PNC Bank||Prosperity Bank||Regions Bank|
|Renasant Bank||Royal Bank of Canada||Scotiabank|
|South State||Synovus||TD Bank (US)|
|TD Canada Trust Bank||Truist||United Community|
|U.S. Bank||Valley National Bank||WA Federal Bank|
Extract bank statement data
- Upload your bank statement to Hubdoc.
- Find and open the statement in Hubdoc, then click Edit Document to open the data toolbar.
- Under Document Type, select Statement.
- Under Financial Institution, select the bank your statement is from.
- Under File Format, select your preferred file format for the exported data.
- Click Generate CSV.
- Once Hubdoc has processed your statement, click Download. Your transactions will download as a CSV file to your device.
If an error message shows, there may be a problem or missing transactions in your CSV file. Select the Highlight extracted transactions on bank statement checkbox. Successfully extracted transactions will be highlighted in the document viewer, allowing you to easily identify any missing transactions.
Note that Hubdoc might create multiple CSV files to meet the import requirements of the selected file format. For example, the import limit for Xero is 1,000 transactions per CSV file. If you select Xero CSV as your file format and your statement has more than 1,000 transactions, Hubdoc will export your data to a zip folder containing multiple CSV files.
If you notice an issue with your CSV data, you can report it.