- Manually upload documents or email them directly to your Hubdoc organisation’s unique intake email address.
TIP | Understand the different ways you can get documents into Hubdoc.
Upload a document in Hubdoc
- In the organisation's dashboard, click Upload Document.
- Select Standard Document Upload or Multi-Page PDF Split. If your organisation is based in the US or Canada, you can also select Bank Statement Upload.
- Click Browse.
- Select the document to upload, then click Open.
You can also drag and drop documents from your device into the upload dialog box in Hubdoc.
Email a document to Hubdoc
Manually email a document
When you email one or more attachments to your Hubdoc organisation, Hubdoc creates a separate document for each attachment.
By default, Hubdoc doesn't create a document from the body of the email itself. If you want Hubdoc to do this:
- In the organisation's dashboard, click the settings icon .
- Select the Organization tab.
- Select Create documents from both the attachment(s) and the body of the email.
- Click Save changes.
To manually email a document to Hubdoc:
- Create an email to send to your organisation’s unique Hubdoc email address.
- Attach the document. If you're emailing a PDF document with more than one page, add #split in the subject line of the email so each page uploads as a separate document.
- If you want notes to appear in the document in Hubdoc, add these in the body of your email. Use the format #note [note text] #note.
- Click Send.
TIP | Give your suppliers your organisation’s unique intake email address so they can email documents directly into Hubdoc for you.
Set up email forwarding rules
To save having to forward emails to your Hubdoc organisation manually, set up rules in your email program to forward them automatically.
How you set up email forwarding rules depends on your email program. You can specify conditions for incoming emails, such as a specific sender or keyword in the subject line, so the document is automatically forwarded to your Hubdoc intake email address.
Check the status of the document in Hubdoc.