- Set up a Hubdoc organisation or connect an existing Hubdoc organisation to your cloud accounting platform.
WARNING | This article is for users who don’t have a Xero login. If you use Xero, set up the Hubdoc organisation included in your Xero subscription (Xero Central website).
Create a new Hubdoc organisation
Before you start, confirm the email address you'll use to set up your Hubdoc organisation. You must use a unique email address for each Hubdoc organisation you set up. If your email address has already been used to create a Hubdoc organisation, you might like to use an email alias.
To sign up to Hubdoc and create a Hubdoc organisation:
- Go to the Hubdoc sign up page (Hubdoc website).
- Enter your details and select whether or not you work for a bookkeeping or accounting firm.
- Select I’m not a robot. If you’re prompted, complete the task then click Verify.
- Click Get Started.
- In your email inbox, find and open the Please Confirm Your Hubdoc Account email from Hubdoc, then click the link to activate your account. You’ll be redirected to a new page.
- Click Login.
- Enter the Hubdoc login details you created, then click Sign In Securely.
Your Hubdoc organisation is ready to use.
Connect an existing Hubdoc organisation
If you already have a Hubdoc organisation, connect it to your cloud accounting platform.
You can only connect one Hubdoc organisation to each integration. For example, you can only connect one Hubdoc organisation to one QuickBooks Online organisation. Check the Integrations tab in your Hubdoc organisation to see if it’s already connected:
- If your organisations are already connected, you don’t need to do anything.
- If they’re not connected, you need to connect them. You can connect your Hubdoc organisation to QuickBooks Online or Xero (Xero Central website). You need to have permission to publish documents in Hubdoc to connect your Hubdoc organisation to your cloud accounting platform.
Once your organisations are connected, you can publish documents from Hubdoc and automatically create transactions in your cloud accounting platform.
Before you start using Hubdoc, review and update your organisation’s settings.